The Scholarship Fund of the University Club of Palo Alto
The University Club is one of only a few organizations on the peninsula that offers college scholarships to local high school seniors. Every year the University Club awards scholarships to deserving students.The Scholarship Fund is supported entirely by voluntary contributions from our members, either through annual one-time donations or ongoing monthly donations, and is separate from the Club’s general funds. Many of our members contribute $25 per month. However, a gift of just $5.00 or $10.00 each month can make a huge difference in the futures of these young adults. All contributions are tax deductible.
Click here to donate online!
On December 30, 1959, The Scholarship Fund was established as a charitable trust by the University Club of Palo Alto. The fund’s mission is to help deserving students from local high schools, from families with limited financial resources, reach their goal of attending college. The Scholarship Fund is supported solely through donations and bequests of the Club’s members.
The Fund is staffed by volunteers from The Club’s members. Five (5) Fund Trustees are responsible for fund management and make awardees’ distributes. The ten (10) member Fund Committee is responsible for fundraising & development, communications to The Club’s membership, and annual selection of scholarship awardees.
To be considered, a scholarship candidate must:
- Attend one of the listed mid-Peninsula high schools: Palo Alto Gunn Los Altos Mountain View Eastside Preparatory East Palo Alto Academy Menlo Atherton Woodside
- Demonstrate a financial need.
- Attain academic success . The Fund’s focus is on A-/B+ students.
- Participate in extra-curricular activities, community service and/or work activities. The Fund’s focus is on students that demonstrate an interest in making a difference in his/her family or the community at large.
- Student must demonstrate resilience.
- Completeness in the submitted application and will not be evaluated unless all of the requested information is provided.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident.