Thank you in advance for your interest in The University Club of Palo Alto!
We are a non-profit proprietary organization, committed to offering a family oriented club with a wide range of activities and facilities:
- Swimming Pool
- Children's Wading Pool
- Locker Rooms
- Picnic Grove
- BBQ Area
- Children's Playground
- Children's Summer Programs
- Fine & Casual Dining
- 25-yard main pool with diving board
- Open year round from 5 am - 9 pm
- Children's wading pool
- Children 7 & under
- Open seasonally, April - October
- Year round swim lessons
- Year round & summer swim teams
- Year round private, semi-private & group lessons
- Ten lighted courts - light key purchase & replacement - $20
- Adult & junior Tournaments
- Junior programs
- Hours 4am - 12am
- Access card purchase & replacement - $20
- Equipment orientation
- Stair Masters
- Multi Station Weight Machine
- Recumbent Bikes
- Arc Trainer
- Free Weights
MEN'S & WOMEN'S LOCKER ROOMS…
- Locker rental - $10 per month
- Day use lockers available, first come, first served
- Hair Dryers
PICNIC GROVE, POOL BBQ AREA, & BOCCE AREA…
- Available year round on a first come, first served basis
- May be reserved for a nominal fee
Pool BBQ Area
FINE & CASUAL DINING…
- Tuesday - Friday
- 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Wednesday - Friday
- 5pm - 9pm
- A casual & delicious dining experience
- Open daily
- Monday - Friday 11am - 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10am - 7pm
A partial list of our special events
- Mother's Day
- Fourth of July
- Family Christmas Dinner
- Wine Pairing Dinners and Tastings
- Additional Seasonal Events & Programs
Our Club is available to host your private parties, social events & business functions
- Wedding receptions
- Cocktail & hors d'oeuvres parties
Members may invite guests & house guests as defined below to the Club to dine, swim or play tennis. A house guest is a person/s staying in the home of a member for a minimum of one week but not exceeding four weeks. This excludes house sitters or persons leasing a house during the absence of a member. All guests must be accompanied by a member and there is a guest fee of $6 per day per guest.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS…
The financial management of the Club is the responsibility of the Board of Directors. There are Nine members elected for a three year term and three members are elected each calendar year. The Officers of the Club are elected annually by the Board.
Programs & activities are planned by the respective standing committees:
- Aquatics - Swim Team
- Facilities Task Force
- Ad hoc committees are appointed by the Club President as necessary.
Our members support a College Scholarship Fund which provides financial assistance for deserving students.
CLUB ADMINISTRATION & OPERATIONS…
The General Manager is responsible for daily operations, programs & facilities and reports to the Board of Directors.
The Administration, Tennis, Aquatics, Food & Beverage and Maintenance Staff report to the General Manager.
BECOME A MEMBER…
Completed applications may be submitted to Member Services at any time. Applicants must have completed at least two years of college or equivalent education or may be deemed eligible by their achievements or standing in the community. Applicants must have the sponsorship of one current Club member. The sponsors must be current Club members in good standing & have known the applicant's family for at least one year.
Once the completed application including deposit & sponsor letter is received, it is reviewed by the Membership Committee and presented to the Board of Directors for approval. After approval, applicants are placed at the bottom of the wait list.
Invitation to Join
Once an existing member resigns & a vacancy exists the applicant from the top of the wait list is invited to join the Club.
Adult children of existing Club members may be invited to join after following the above application procedures, at which time they will be placed at the top of the wait list.
Statements for charges incurred will be mailed monthly & are due on the 30th of every month.